Thursday, May 14, 2009

Who knew?



Well, it's finally official...Coco and I have passed the TEFL course, and received our "diplomas." I have to say that I'm actually really surprised. Proud of myself, but awfully surprised.

I'm sitting in my favourite coffee shop right now, wondering if I'm ever going to get a job. I really hate job hunting. It's been kind of hard not being employed. I'm so used to working two jobs; not having even one is ridiculous. Ah well...I'll keep pounding the pavement, and I'll definitely keep my chin up. I'm extraordinarily happy for Coco; she has a really promising prospect. I think she'll have a job by tomorrow. She had the interview and she offered to teach a demo lesson which they accepted. She's nervous of course, but I know she'll do fantastically well. It's at a preschool, and she'll be working with young kids which is what she wanted most of all. Yay for Coco!

I'm not sure what's going to happen if I can't find a job soon. My 90 days without a visa are up at the end of June. Who knows, but that I'll have to come home for a while. I would love to come home and work for a while (and of course see everyone I love), but I don't want to feel like I failed at something I've wanted for so long. I really want to live in Europe. I love it over here, even if Prague isn't the most comfortable place for me. I love the culture, the food, the lifestyle, the fact that I have to walk everywhere. I even love the stairs, which still kick my ass every time. I have a good prospect in sight for a full-time teaching position. It doesn't start until September, though, so I'll have to find some private tutoring to do until then (provided I get the job of course). Keep your fingers crossed for me!
This is an awfully short post, but I seem to have a bit of writer's block. I took me an hour to write one postcard; I'm not sure why I decided to give blogging a try. I'll write more soon, as I have a ton of stuff to talk about, but not the energy to write it all today. Love you!

M



PS. The pictures are as follows: The garden at Petrin, a view of Prague from Petrin (and yes, it was one hell of a climb), me, and the Petrin "Eiffel Tower"

3 comments:

  1. aw look at that dimple! you're not failing my love. it's not possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will not fail Morgen, don't even think that. I couldn't help but notice that I have received neither a postcard or your new address. Love hurts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Of course you passed, silly!

    ReplyDelete