Sunday, May 17, 2009

What the eff?




It's 2 a.m. and I am still awake. I don't understand...why, why, why? I'm so tired of only 4 hours of sleep a night. Actually, I'm just plain tired.

I'm looking out the window across the courtyard to the other apartments. For once it's completely dark, save one window lit by a lone candle. It's amazingly pretty; the orange glow of candlelight illuminating a completley dark courtyard. I'm listening to my favourite band, Stumble Yonder, and missing home so very much that my heart aches. I got to talk to my mom today; she's so amazing. I miss my family. Talking to her made me realize how very much I miss everything I left behind. I'm glad I came here; it's what I always wanted. I just miss everyone so much.

Today, my friend Josh and I went to Prague Castle. We had a "tourist" day. We walked for hours around the extensive grounds. I had no idea it was so beautiful. I've been there twice: once to see President Obama speak, and the other wandering with friends. I've never explored the complex in depth until today. It was a gorgeous day out, and I got sunburned (boohoo). We walked for hours and finally decided we deserved a beer or two. We went to my favourite Irish pub (J.J. Murphy's) and had a few beers and dinner. Then we decided that since we didn't know where the Metro station was, we would wander over Charles Bridge and into Old Town Square (which was quite a walk) and keep going until we found one. It took a quite a while. Needless to say, I should be completely exhausted (which I am); I'm just not sleepy. Yuck! Instead, I'm sitting here, writing a poor excuse of a blog.
Anyway, I have more to write about, but me thinks perhaps I should lay down for a bit. Maybe tonight I'll be wisked away to a magical land, where everyone sleeps for eight hours and wakes up refreshed and ready to go. Oh boy...I'm ready!
I miss you all so very much! Write more soon.













1 comment:

  1. Poor MPP! I'm sorry your insomnia has followed you to Prague. I'm also sorry you got hellaciously sunburned (did you know there is spray on sunscreen now--works like a charm). I miss you terribly too. I was craving a Borders day today. Keep on keepin' on my dear. LYMI

    ReplyDelete