Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wow...I am bad at this....

I know you all rely on this to keep track of me. Ha. Kiiiiddding. But seriously, for as much as I love to write, I'm horrible at keeping up with a blog. :(

Since the last posting, everything was going good. Job was good, in love with Prague, yada yada...Nothing has really changed except for the fact that uhh...well, I've decided to come home! I am still in love with Prague, I still love the kids I teach. But the reality is, I am living here illegally, and the visa process is the most difficult EVER!! And also, I'm definitely not making enough money...boooooooo! I hate to rely on that, but really, you have to have the $$ to survive. So in approoooximately 16 days I will be returning to the great US of A. I am very very excited to see everyone and share some of my G-rated stories. ;)

It seems as soon as I decided to leave, I realized exactly what I would be leaving. I've made such wonderful friends and learned so much about myself and this world I live in. I cannot ever take anything for granted again such as the loyalty of true friendship, the peacefulness and serenity of discovering a new world by myself, and the unending support that comes from my family every day and every way I can possibly imagine. I also am so thankful to Ashleigh Ide (look 'er up!) who truly inspired me to point and shoot at anything I could. If she were not in my TEFL class, I would not have realized the completion that photography could bring to my soul. Thank you Ash. Also thanks to Jiri, who taught how to make everything I touch psychedelic. I am forever greatful. I am aware this sounds like some kind of acceptance speech, but in a way it is. Acceptance of a new outlook on life, so I must say thank you to many. Thank you to Morgen. I would not have even THOUGHT of taking this journey if you had not invited me to join you. You have taught me more about kindness and generosity in such a short amount of time and I am amazed at your capacity to empathize and always listen to your friends. Andrew and Janka, I never imagined I'd meet two people as compassionate as you both are. Andrew, your lust for learning and question asking surprises me every time I see you. Janka, your calm soul soothes me. Not only are you both beautiful in outward appearance, but anyone would be safe in saying that everything about you both is wonderful. Your relationship is one to look up to. Rae, for being there even 5,000 miles away. Sometimes I just needed your familiar voice to feel more at home. Many others I am missing I'm sure; Josh, Teacher Mila, Sheila, Eric, Chris, Keith, Svatka, the amazing little chilluns at Babbles, so many others...but to keep this kind of short, finally I must thank my sisters and mother. We are a team, we never leave one behind, and this has especially been proven to me these past six months. Meg, though you're pregnant and uncomfortable you always make sure I'm okay before I can even ask how you are! Paige, my busy little bee, growing up into such a beautiful woman, making your mark. I am so proud of you, and proud to share our special day every year. Katie, you are beautiful. The fire inside of you is still being tamed, but as you grow older you will learn how to control the flames and become even more fierce. The loyalty that you portray to your family is part of that fire, please don't ever lose it. Mom...well what can I say. I love you always, to the moon and back. We've had our tough times, but we always come back to each other. Thank you for letting me go when I needed you to.

Well..geez enough of that, now that I've made myself cry. I will see you all soon, thank you thank you thank you EVERYONE for allowing me this time to begin my self discovery.

lovelovelovelovelovelovelovelove,
coco.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a wonderful time in Prague!! I've enjoyed your stories and pictures. It will be with you always...and will always be there, should you return. See you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete